Applicable to : Merlin Backoffice ™, PrestaPricing (screen shots made with PrestaPricing)
Classical bulk change technic :
- Selecting a group of categories
- All their products are displayed and selected
- Click on the calculator to display the mass changerbelow the table
Steps 4. 5. 6. and 7. show one possible use of the bulk modifier: For example here we apply 10% on the selling price and we click the + button to apply the modification:
This technique works fine, but has the great disadvantage of having to display all the products of the selected categories, which can sometimes take a long time.
How to apply in mass a change to all products of multiple categories without displaying them?
This much faster method does not require to display all products :
- As before, select the categories
- Click on the calculator to the left of the category table: this will display the mass modifier on the products of the selected categories without needing to display any product.
- As previously, apply 10% on the sale price and click on the + button: 10% will then apply on the price of the products of the 3 selected categories.
Next week, we'll show you how to change the display order of categories in the shop, using PrestaCategories.
Category's other articles Mass management of PrestaShop products