What is the stocks advanced management mode ?
In this mode, it is possible to create warehouses via the PrestaShop admin and to define the stocks of products in these warehouses. It is also possible to automate supplier orders based on the inventory status in the warehouses.
When this option is included in the Merlin BackOffice license, you are then able to:
- Turn on and off the advanced stock management mode globally, without loosing actual quantities (cannot be done in PrestaShop)
- Define which products are managed or not in advanced management mode.
- Define mass associations between products and warehouses.
- Visualize the various quantities in the warehouses (available, physical, real, re-assortment), separately for each warehouse and globally.
- Visualize for each article the stock values (inventories) and estimates of duration before rupture (covers).
- Bulk define the associationd between the products and the warehouses.
- Define in mass the association between the combinations and the warehouses.
- Define mass locations of products in warehouses.
- Define mass locations of combinations in warehouses.
- Define in bulk the products still using the manual inventory management mode.
- Perform stock movements (additions, decreases, transfers) in and between warehouses, for a selection of products and / or variations.
- Bulk conversion of manual quantities into stock inventories
- Finely manage the purchase prices of items during stock increases.
- Multi store support.
- Is this option necessary to manage the quantities of items?
No if the Advanced Inventory Management Mode is not enabled. Yes otherwise.
- I can not find this option in my PrestaShop 1.7 admin, why?
Because PrestaShop, which had introduced this notion in version 1.5 of the CMS, deleted it from 1.7, with the promise made to re-introduce it later.
It must be said, in their defense, that the warehouse management interface and stock movements, in PS 1.5 and 1.6, is completely buggy and almost unusable because very complex and unintuitive. It is for these reasons that we decided at that time to offer a functional and stable management interface.
- Can we import inventory via csv / xls in warehouses?
No, the advanced inventory management mode is not supported by the import module. The development of this part was put on hold when it was learned that this mode was no longer supported in PS 1.7. To follow then.
- There are three different types of warehouses, are they all supported?
Yes, except negative declines and transfers that are not supported with FIFO and LILO warehouses.
List of other articles in the same category