In principle, it looks like the existing variation generator in PrestaShop, but with very important differences:
- The PrestaShop generator often crashes beyond a few hundred variants. The Merlin Generator can generate thousands of combinations.
- It is super fast.
- It is multi products, ie able to generate combinations on a selection of products in a single operation.
- It does not require to delete existing combinations, it is able to update them and generate those which are missing.
- It is able to recalculate price and weight impacts, while or without generating new variants.
- It is able to recover the attributes and impacts of a product to generate similar combinations in other products
And much more...
- Do I need this option to see and edit existing combinations?
- Can I add combinations without this option?
Yes it is possible, but it is much longer, because it is then necessary to associate them attributes
- Can I create combinations via the csv / xls import without the generator option?