Published : 02/18/2017 16:50:13
Categories : Sitolog tips
Module : PrestaPricing
Level : beginner
Suppose you want to associate the same manufacturer for example with several products. But this method works on almost all the other headings in the same way, as the "Price", "Gr of tax rules" columns and even the columns containing texts like Metat title, list of tags etc ...
1. Start by selecting the desired value from the drop-down list for one of the products (here our manufacturer "Fashion manufacturer").
2. Then select the relevant product lines including those with the manufacturer to duplicate:
3. Simply right click on the box containing the value to be duplicated, for example here "Fashion Manufacturer" of line 2 of the manufacturer column.
4. Then choose the next-to-last line of the contextual menu that appears, "paste this value into all selected cells in this column".
5. And finally click on continue to confirm the operation (be careful not to backtrack possible).
Here, the selected products all have now the same manufacturer "Fashion manufacturer":
To select multiple rows that do not follow each other, make CTRL on the first row and then click CTRL on the other rows that you want to select.
If the lines follow each other or are joined, then select the first line and click Shift (or Shift) on the last line to select.
To associate a single value with the whole column, for example here if I want to apply the value 18 as the selling price to the whole column, it is even simpler:
1. Right-click on the box containing the value to apply 18
2. Select the last line of the context menu "Paste this value throughout the column":
3. and confirm
As a result, the value of 18 was copied throughout the column:
Whether you use method 1 or 2, there is no backup to do, the operation is done directly in the database and the result is immediately effective in the shop.
As a reminder, the methods described in this article apply to almost all the other sections of the database and therefore also apply to other tables, such as the table of declinations, specific prices, characteristics and so on. It is also available in PrestaCategories to make multiple changes on categories.
Next week we will see how to use what we have just seen, to apply the same legend to all the images of a product.